Let your feet breathe by walking around barefoot.
Here are a few tips
- Choose easy terrain the first few times you walk barefoot. A sandy beach is better than one with pebbles, and a soft lawn or patch of grass is preferable to a trail in the forest.
- Avoid stepping on dirty or sharp objects.
- Always carry your shoes with you! If you don't think the ground is clean or safe put them on straight away.
- Don't overdo it. At first the tendons and joints in your feet and legs may get stressed, causing pain and inflammation.
- When you get home, take a thorough foot bath, dry your feet carefully and apply a moisturizer.
*If you have poor blood circulation in your feet, or any other foot condition, consult your healthcare professional before walking barefoot.